Hugh and his merry men once more took on another mammoth task... All the rubbish out the front disappeared and the driveway was levelled off ready for the Setts....
Then a miracle happened and after a year of phone calls and canceled visits, BT finally turned up to put a new telephone pole outside the house so that we could relocate our phone line and the neighbours. It should have been done before we started the build, but BT provided the most amazing set of really frustrating excuses as to why they couldn't complete the job pretty much every month since jan 2014! All of the self build websites talk about the frustrations relating to getting services connected to a new house, so we did start early, but never thought it would take a year of nagging and probably 100's of pounds in phone calls to get the job done!
The guys that did finally show up (5 vans and 5 men - and a road shut down!) were lovely and did a good job - it seems as if the pole has been there forever and fortunately it hasn't taken away the parking space that next door use, on the pavement. So we are properly connected and our data cabinet can be finished off.
The driveway is motoring on at a pace with the drive sets and the circle going in. Only a bit more to go and then the constant stream of sand can stop making its way into the house - all of the floors and the carpet are now in, and Mum, Dan and I seem to be doing a constant round of cleaning, sweeping and hoovering to try and stay on top of it. We are on the downhill run now - a couple of weeks and we should be in! Can't wait!