Ordered on Monday with a 3 day delivery, the 1000 ltrs rainwater tank should have been there on Thursday... Based on how I learnt to count and what the days of the week were when I was young. After a number of emails and phone calls, Hugh duly received a delivery on Thursday... Of the riser and the lid! Next to useless when you are waiting to connect the tank to the drainage and complete the ground works! A number of confusing phone calls, emails and texts later and the tank finally arrived at Friday lunchtime. I was sitting in the docs in Spain waiting for Gran to come out after having had staples removed in her arm, when I got the text from Hugh, so that hour produced 2 great results.
Meanwhile we are midst of trying to get requotes for the staircase as the lovely man I spoke to in Sept last year has unfortunately gone under, so back to the drawing board on that one. The stone work has also had a minor redesign and therefore requote, but next week should us (well me anyway as Dan and Hugh are atill heavily involved in the technical details of ground work, levels and drains!) progressing onto the window details, as the block and beam floor goes in.
Returning to site after being away for a week shows great progress - I must admit I still can't get excited about drain pipes, but the piles of bricks spread around the site ready for the walls to be built after the floor is in, is a very reassuring sight. We might get the roof on in time for my birthday... Let's see!